All Are Welcome to Test for a Certificate
- No charges for testing
- No appointment necessary
- You do not have to be a LBCC student
Available Testing Times
- Monday through Thursday from 12:00PM - 5:00PM
- Friday from 12:00PM - 3:00PM
- Saturday from 10:00AM - 1:00 PM (LAC Campus only)
- Note: Typing tests are NOT given the first two weeks of each semester or when the campus is closed.
View the LBCC calendar
LAC (Liberal Arts Campus)
East Carson Street, Long Beach, CA
Phone: (562) 938-4904
PCC (Pacific Coast Campus)
1305 East Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, CA
Phone: (562) 938-3033
How to Earn a Typing Certificate
- Complete a 5-minute timed typing test with 5 or fewer errors
- Provide picture identification
You may practice taking timed tests. If one of your practice attempts
meets your speed and error requirements, it will be counted for a certificate.
You may use the same timing document for four attempts and then a different
timing document for the next four attempts. You may take as many attempts in
a day as you wish, but for every four attempts you take, you must use a
different timing document.
If you are unable to meet your goal, feel free to return to take the test again.
When you have reached your goal, you will be asked for your picture identification
and to print and sign your name in the certificate log. A typing Certificate Card
will be filled out, signed by an instructor, and given to you.